Artists, Crafters, Up-cyclers, Quality Vintage sellers and more! Davis has a diverse population that includes people from all over the U.S. as well as international students and faculty. Locals are largely educated and socially conscious people who appreciate quality craftsmanship, natural and organic products and are advocates of up-cycling and recycling. This fair brings to Davis something for everyone!
How to join:
Fill out your application which will include either photo attachments of what you’ll sell or a link to your website and click “Send”.
Wait for an email response* with a link to reserve your 10’x10’ spot with a nonrefundable $10 fee. You’ll get vendor instructions and information that will help guide you to success at the fair.
*Email responses may be in the negative if your product is too similar to a vendor’s that has already been accepted or if what you would like to sell doesn’t fit the guidelines of our Square Tomatoes criteria.
Questions? Send an email to squareTcrafts@gmail.com
What do we look for in vendors?
- Wow factor: Friendly, attentive sellers. Nice presentation of your product. Do we want to buy everything on your table?
- Balance: We can’t accept too many vendors selling the same type of thing.
- Unique: No sales of imports or direct sales of wholesale goods.
- Hand Crafted: Crafts must be handmade by you.
- Vintage: Items called vintage should be at least 25 years old, used but in good shape.
- Safe: All products must be safe, with sharp edges buffered keeping everyone out of harms way.
- Family Friendly: No sexually explicit items.
- Potential for Success: We want to feel that you can be successful at our fair!
Davis Craft and Vintage Fair has roots in arts and crafts. Square Tomatoes is a volunteer organization by and for craftspeople. This is how we keep our vendor costs so low.
A 10’ by 10’ booth costs $25.
You’ll pay the $10 to hold your place that is non-refundable – since we pay for the venue even if a tornado hits (never happened) and then another $15 on the day of the fair.
Discounts: Ways to get a $5 discount:
- Apply to pass out fliers at the Farmer’s Market on the Saturday before the fair.
- Put up 5 lawn signs in prominent but safe spots around town the week before the fair and take them down again at the end of that sale day.
- Print out flyers and post them around town on sign boards and in shops where permissible.
- Bring folding chairs for our customers who need a place to sit, relax and listen to the live music!
Advertising: Along with our website, we have both Facebook and Instagram pages you can like, share, tag, etc.
Time: Be ready in time for the fair at 11 am. You can come as early as 8AM OR 9AM if you need the time to set up. The fair ends at 4 pm and we don’t pack up until then.
Parking: Abundant and free on Sundays. You MUST REPARK well away from the pavilion. These are saved for customer parking.
Davis Business License: Inexpensive and required by the City of Davis, you can pick up an application at City Hall, 23 Russell Blvd or ask for a form on day of the fair. Licenses generally cost $14.
Churches and Nonprofits are welcome to join us for fundraising events to sell items that meet our criteria.
Questions for our team? Email: SquareTCrafts@gmail.com
We have some of the finest artisans in Davis, including instructors from the UC Davis Craft Center.